Categories and Eligibility: For membership of Marina Club, it is mandatory to own a boat which is registered with Mercantile Marine Department (MMD). The boat should be parked at Marina Club. The application along with the registration of the boat should be should be addressed to the Secretary for processing the case. This club is exclusively for watersports enthusiasts.
- Regular Cat A
- Regular Cat B
- Diplomat/ Foreigner
- Special Temporary Members
Checklist/ Requirements: Candidates for Marina Club’s membership required to be owner of a boat, the same should be registered in his name with MMD. He/ She should also be member of Defence Housing Authority, Karachi.
- Deposit of Application Forms: Application form duly filled should be deposited Marina Club secretariat along with Membership Fees and Boat ownership certificate.
- Selection Procedure: Following procedure is adopted for selection:
- Scrutiny of application forms
- Candidates having deficiencies in their application forms are reminded to clear these within a specific period.
- After removal of deficiencies a consolidated list of candidates is prepared.
- Executive Committee Meeting is called after preparation of final list.
- Candidates are interviewed before Executive Committee one by one for selection or otherwise.
- Successful candidates are extended 6 months for owning or co-owning a boat.
- Upon fulfilling the condition of mandatory requirement of membership i.e owning or co-owning a boat membership number is allotted.
|Category||Entrance Fee||13% SST||Security Deposit||Total|
|Cat ‘A’||Rs 150,000/-||Rs 19,500/-||Rs 150,000/-||Rs 319,000/-|
|Cat ‘B’||Rs 4,000,000/-||Rs 520,000/-||Rs 480,000/-||Rs 5,000,000/-|
|Diplomat||US $ 5,000/-||–||US $ 3,000/-||US $ 8,000/-|