It is required for construction of building on residential and commercial plots. Building plan is submitted in DHA and after scrutiny it is forwarded to CBC then MEO. Final approval is granted by CBC. There are 2 types/categories of building Plan Approval. One is proposed building plan proposed by DHA and other is revised building plan. Similarly there are 2 types of properties for whom building plan approval is required. One is Commercial Property and other is Residential Property.
Revised Building Plan
Revised Bldg Plan is submitted in case construction is not carried out and after first approval and plot is still open OR two years approval period expires OR owner wants to make extensive design/ structural changes in the existing building. Once approval is granted, owner obtains demarcation (if not obtained previously) and starts the construction activity right away.
Approval is required for construction of building on residential, commercial and amenity plots. Building plan is submitted in DHA and after scrutiny forwarded to CBC and then MEO. Final approval is granted by CBC. There are 2 types/categories of building plan approval i.e Proposed & Revised Building Plan.
- Case data is received at Central Control Cell (CCC) / Main Reception Counter.
- Staff ensure all documents are in order and dues of DHA, CBC and MEO are paid.
- Fee of residential building plan is auto debited to Finance Directorate.
- Case is forward to building plan section of TP&BC Directorate.
- No observations are found during scrutiny by DHA staff and case is forward to CBC.
- No observations are found during scrutiny by CBC staff and case is forward to MEO for NOC from land point of view.
- No observations are found during scrutiny by MEO staff NOC is prepared and dispatched to CBC along with drawings.
- CBC receive the NOC and prepare approval letter and forward to Central Control Cell (CCC) along with drawings.
- Central Control Cell (CCC) intimates the owner to collect the approval letter and approved drawing.
- Owner receives the approval letter and case is closed.
Proposed Building Plan – Residential / Commercial & Amenity
Building Plan is submitted in case approval is sought by owner on an open plot for the first time. Once approval is granted, owner obtains demarcation and starts the construction activity.
Revised Building Plan – Residential / Commercial & Amenity
Revised Building Plan is submitted In case owner fails to commence construction activity within one year from date of sanction of approval. After approval of building plan, if changes / modifications are more than 40% of total constructed area, Deviation will not be accepted/ admissible in this regard OR After approval of completion plan, if changes / modification are more than 40% of total constructed area within allowable limits OR In case of time barred during construction OR Structural changes required during construction.